Friday, March 25, 2011

The Unveiling of a New Auto Insurance

Two weeks ago my brother-in-law renewed his auto insurance, however, this time he did not renew with Allstate (he probably felt overcharged), instead he switched to a new insurance company named 21st Century (honestly, I’ve never heard of them until a week ago). He did lower his coverage and now his new auto insurance costs…drum roll, please…..$404 (Allstate quoted him $500 for the same coverage). Compare that to his old policy, which costs $667.37 (whoa! he just saved a whopping $260)

21st Century's logo
Two months ago, I have renewed my auto insurance with Allstate for another six months. Although I still have the same coverage, my premium has increased $4.31 (if you think about it $4 is negligible but if it keeps on increasing, eventually it will add up to a substantial amount)…maybe it is time to switch auto insurance too. In four months’ time (when my policy period ends) I want to shop around for a new auto insurance (and I will definitely add 21st Century to my automobile insurance checklist). I know the price is just one aspect I have to consider in selecting my next auto insurance (I will also look at their reputation, customer service, and how they handle claims). After all car insurance is a big deal especially nowadays with people trying to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment