Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Conclusion of My Quest for an Auto Insurance

Yes, you’re right I did sign-up for Allstate. Finally, after two days of online searching and talking to my family about auto insurance, I have decided to get Allstate as my auto insurance for the next six months. I picked their Silver Protection package and just customized it a bit. I did avail of their Early Signing option (my insurance was not effective until a week after sign-up though), and it saves me $17.97 but I was not able to use my car for a week (I didn’t want to risk using my car without insurance).

my insurance premium and coverage
I paid my premium in full $307.93 (using my Discover credit card that has 0% interest rate until May 2011). If I pay in installments it will cost me $319.31 (a difference of $11.38) and an additional $1.00 installment fee for each payment (hey that’s $17.38 total! good as gas money...half a tank at least).

BP

Texaco

Compare that to what my brother-in-law pays for his auto insurance on his 2004 Acura. He also has the Silver Protection package but with more coverage and higher limits so it’s more expensive (twice as much as what I pay for mine).

my brother-in-law's insurance premium and coverage
In terms of discount, my brother-in-law did have more discount savings $167.49 (almost twice compare to mine $96.69 only) but I still think that I did a better job in customizing my auto insurance because six months later, I will have an extra $350 (difference between my brother-in-law's premium and mine).

my brother-in-law's discount savings (per Allstate)
my discount savings (per Allstate)
I just always have to be extra careful and alert when I am on the road (but I know that there's no way telling what's gonna happen in the future so I just leave it all in God's hands).

No comments:

Post a Comment